CMAM. Spectograph Dipole
ELYTT ENERGY has designed and manufactured a warm dipole magnet for the CMAM.
El Centro de Microanálisis de Materiales CMAM from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid is a research centre for ion beam techniques analysis in applied investigation field used in Environmental Sciences, Material Sciences… The main installation consist of a tandetron 5MeV accelerator with different experimental lines.
ELYTT ENERGY has designed and manufactured a warm dipole type H that is installed at the new experimental line for spectrography purposes.
ELYTT ENERGY has developed the following tasks:
- Engineering/Conceptual design.
- 2D and 3D FEM calculations and design for magnetic circuit (poles and yokes) and for the coils.
- 2D and 3D FEM calculations and mechanic design for stress analysis, deformation analysis and it’s influence in the magnetic field quality.
- Ray tracing for beam trajectory checking.
- Coil cooling calculations.
- Flux clamp calculations and design to reduce dispersed magnetic field.
- Design and calculations of the vacuum chamber.
- Magnet support frame calculations and design. 4 degree of freedom.
- Power source specification.
- Manufacturing design for the yokes, poles, coils, support frames, vacuum chamber.
- Yoke, poles, coils, support frame manufacturing.
- Yoke, poles, coils, support frame, vacuum chamber, power source, alignment system integration and final installation.